Also this year we are planning a FLINTA sailing trip on the Lovis. One week (arrival on 09.09.2023 from 18.00 and departure on 16.09.2023 14.00), probably from Simrishamn (Sweden) to Greifswald, sailing and enjaoying the wind and waves.
Previous sailing experience is not required, because you will learn everything necessary on the trip. The total cost of the cruise with meals is from 310€ to 460€ according to self-assessment.
All people who feel invited by a FLINTA sailing trip and are respectful of other identities are invited to this trip. We want everyone to feel comfortable, can. Please read the text below.
The trip is self-organized. That means that we organize cooking and cleaning together. Likewise, all are invited to fill the trip with content. From guitar to kickboxing gloves to your favorite movie, you can bring and contribute everything.
We want to create & live a space on the trip that feels as safe as possible for all who sail with us.
- It is important to us to have a mindful and collaborative interaction with each other on the ship. Sometimes we have to endure contradictions in the process.
- If someone tells you that you have crossed a boundary, please accept that and try to reflect on it. Boundary crossings can look very different and sometimes you may not even realize that you have transgressed/hurt someone with your behavior or a statement. So if someone brings it to your attention, see it as an opportunity to learn.
- Sensitivity to the state: many FLINTA*s experience state repression on different levels and for different reasons. This is not to be reproduced on the cruise! (Activism is also affected by (state) repression).
- Keep in mind that we are all from different contexts and have different experiences.
- Don’t question the identity of others: you can’t tell a person what gender they are or what pronouns they use.
- We as an orga don’t know all the people who sign up & sail along, and we can’t and don’t want to do a background check or anything. So it may be that people are sailing with whom you might not actually spend a vacation.
- You may have questions in advance. Please call or write us. Many things can be clarified in advance. We are looking forward to it.
If you are interested, please write to: flti[ät]lovis[dot]de
The Lovis-FLINTA-Trip Team